This 3 generation family recipe graces the Marvin family table every fall. You are about to find out why........:)
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup granulated maple sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ cup nuts chopped (walnuts or pecans)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a 9” pie plate with the sliced apples. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of maple sugar and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter, flour, sugar, salt, egg and nuts. Mixing together to form a batter.
- Pour the topping over the apples.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the topping is golden brown and cooked through and the apples are soft.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle of maple syrup.