1. Preheat the oven to 350 f. Grease 13 x 9 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Grease and dust the paper and with a little flour. Set aside.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
3. Place the shredded carrots in a large mixing bowl.
4. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade place the maple syrup and eggs. Pulse to combine. Slowly add in a steady stream the oil while the food processor is running.
5. Pour the above mixture over the carrots and fold with a spatula. Fold in the flour mixture until the flour is no longer visible.
6. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a knife comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
7. Remove cake from the oven and allow to completely cool before frosting.
- Mix a 4 ounce box of cream cheese with ⅓ cup maple syrup, 3 tablespoons butter, 2 cups powdered sugar. Alternative frosting: Use 1 ½ packages of cream cheese, 1 4oz package of Chevre, ½ cup maple syrup, ½ cup heavy cream.