This is an old family recipe that we pull out every summer. The touch of nutmeg and maple make this pie stand out from the rest!
- 1 unbaked pie shell of your choice
- 3 cups rhubarb cut into medium pieces
- 1 1/2 cups maple sugar, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, mix ½ cup of maple sugar with sliced rhubarb until evenly coated.
- Place rhubarb mixture in pie shell and set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, mix remaining 1 cup maple sugar and all other ingredients. Pour over rhubarb.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400°, and then 40 minutes at 350°- until pie is no longer jiggly in the middle .
- Let cool completely. Serve with ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup!